April 21, 2017
Alert Logic is a Security as a Service (SaaS) company that offers a suite of cloud-hosted solutions to support your data security strategy. Their products are diverse and cover a wide range of security functions. Understanding each service and how it plays into a comprehensive security strategy is essential to reducing a business’s risk of a breach.
To begin, Log Manager is Alert Logic’s log management solution that can help an organization detect and investigate intrusions. It assists the business by automating the log collection, reporting, and correlation process. This saves countless hours of manual analysis and increases awareness of network activity.
Alert Logic Log Manager in a Nut Shell
- Cloud-Hosted: Like all Alert Logic solutions, Log Manager is hosted in the cloud and requires no equipment on-prem to take advantage of its capabilities. This serves to keep the solution agile and scalable while avoiding the CapEx costs of new equipment purchases
- Part of a Larger Ecosystem: Log Manager is not a standalone service but a part of the Cloud Defender package. Cloud Defender also includes Alert Logic Threat Manager and Web Security Manager
- Log Collection: Log Manager automatically collects logs from Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, as well as your on-premise data center. No matter the size or makeup of your environment, the service can collect the necessary data to inform your security strategy.
- LogReview: Alert Logic Log Manager can help a business adhere to PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX, GLBA and other compliance regulations using its LogReview feature. Certified Alert Logic security analysts monitor your compliance events to ensure standards are met.
- Event Correlation: The service monitors all collected logs from your environment and attempts to find correlations, trends, and oddities in your network activity. When one of the security policies in your logs is violated, Log Manager can automatically send out an alert to your team.
- Log Analysis: Customize your reports, drill down into the data, and create reporting schedules. Using the dozens of dashboards and potential reports, Log Manager helps your team visualize your network activity and security strategy.
- Security Operations Center: As a SaaS solution, customers gain access to Alert Logic’s 24×7 Security Operations Center (SOC) to protect their environment. The SOC is staffed with experienced, certified security analysts and professionals who oversee the community of Alert Logic customers.
- Threat Intelligence Network: Alert Logic gathers, stores, and refines their ever growing knowledge base of threat intelligence. Across over 4,000 clients of all sizes and business types, Alert Logic has encountered a wide range of cyber threats. They draw upon these experiences to inform their analysis.
Download Mindsight’s FREE Guide to Security as a Service
To protect the cloud, you must use a security strategy designed for the cloud. Unfortunately, legacy security solutions are not up for the challenge. Download Mindsight’s Security as a Service guide. We break down the reasons that legacy security strategy falls short and how Security as a Service overcomes these challenges.
Like what you read?
Mindsight, a Chicago IT services provider, is an extension of your team. Our culture is built on transparency and trust, and our team is made up of extraordinary people – the kinds of people you would hire. We have one of the largest expert-level engineering teams delivering the full spectrum of IT services and solutions, from cloud to infrastructure, collaboration to contact center. Our highly-certified engineers and process-oriented excellence have certainly been key to our success. But what really sets us apart is our straightforward and honest approach to every conversation, whether it is for an emerging business or global enterprise. Our customers rely on our thought leadership, responsiveness, and dedication to solving their toughest technology challenges.