March 3, 2017
On December 1, 2016, Genesys, a global leader in omnichannel customer experience and contact center solutions, completed the purchase of another major player in the contact center space, Interactive Intelligence. Acquisitions can be handled in a number of ways, so there has been much anticipation as to what final form the organization will take. Now in early 2017, the dust is beginning to settle, and we can now take a look at what to expect from the combination of Genesys and Interactive Intelligence.
- Interactive Intelligence: The Interactive Intelligence brand will be transitioned to Genesys during 2017. The combined company is known as Genesys.
- The New Genesys: The acquisition of Interactive Intelligence created a more powerful Genesys serving customers in adjacent market segments with even more innovative omnichannel solutions across complementary product portfolios. With offices in 45 countries, 5,000-plus employees worldwide, and more than 1,000 members of the largest partner ecosystem of experienced customer engagement professionals in the world, Genesys is a leader in the contact/call center technology industry.
- Product Lines: Genesys offers three complementary products (PureCloud by Genesys, PureConnect, and PureEngage) that are targeted at different buyers and market segments both in the cloud and on-premise.
- PureCloud by Genesys: Interactive Intelligence’s cloud contact center platform, PureCloud Engage, will still be offered by Genesys, but there are slight differences in the way it will be packaged. Namely, the “Engage” moniker has been dropped entirely and the three previous user tiers have been renamed PureCloud 1, PureCloud 2, and PureCloud 3.
- PureConnect (Powered by CIC and CaaS): This was formerly Interactive Intelligence’s Customer Interaction Center. Genesys plans to invest heavily in the further innovation of this product.
- PureEngage (Powered by Genesys Enterprise Edition): Though the name of the product may remind of you of PureCloud Engage by Interactive Intelligence, PureEngage is actually the renamed form of the legacy contact center platform from Genesys: Enterprise Edition.
A Bright Future for Genesys
Genesys has made a bold move in acquiring such a substantial player in the contact center space, but Interactive Intelligence’s true strength was not their size. It was their ability to consistently innovate over the years. PureCloud pushed the envelope to deliver a powerful cloud platform. With major project development teams from Interactive Intelligence still in place, Genesys now has ownership of that innovation. We can expect Genesys to find success with its new acquisition.
Like what you read?
Mindsight, a Chicago IT services provider, is an extension of your team. Our culture is built on transparency and trust, and our team is made up of extraordinary people – the kinds of people you would hire. We have one of the largest expert-level engineering teams delivering the full spectrum of IT services and solutions, from cloud to infrastructure, collaboration to contact center. Our highly-certified engineers and process-oriented excellence have certainly been key to our success. But what really sets us apart is our straightforward and honest approach to every conversation, whether it is for an emerging business or global enterprise. Our customers rely on our thought leadership, responsiveness, and dedication to solving their toughest technology challenges.